Fine Arts Chamber Players presents Basically Beethoven Festival
Fine Arts Chamber Players will present the 38th annual Basically Beethoven Festival. For 2018, FACP will produce five free concerts. Every program starts with a Rising Star Recital at 2:30 pm followed by a Feature Performance at 3 pm. Rising Star Recitals present local, gifted young musicians; Feature Performances showcase professional musicians from the area.
- July 1 - Eclectet: Rising Star Recital features student musician Josephine Chiu, piano, joined by the professional musicians of the afternoon’s Feature Performance and Scott Sheffler, bass; Feature Performance will feature Florence Wang, violin; Sean Riley, violin; Rachel McDonald, viola; and Joseph Kuipers, cello.
- July 8 - Diversions & Escapes: Rising Star Recital will feature Shiv Yajnik, piano, joined by professional musicians Jen Chang Betz, violin, and Joseph Kuipers, cello; Feature Performance will feature a piano trio composed of Shauna Thompson, flute; Deborah Brooks, cello; and Shields-Collins Bray, piano.
- July 15 - Pianos & Percussion: Rising Star Recital features Matthew Ho, violin, and Claire Chiang, piano; Feature Performance features Catherine Lysinger, piano, and Alex McDonald, piano, joined by percussionists Dan Florio and Brian Jones.
- July 22 - Four Hornsmen of the Apocalypse: Rising Star Recital features William Sprinkle, oboe, and Eduardo Rojas, piano; Feature Performance features French horn ensemble Four Hornsmen of the Apocalypse, including local musician Gerry Wood, with Paul Blackstone, Brian Brown, and Audrey Good.
- July 29 - Art Song: Rising Star Recital features local composer Jason Mulligan, with Alex McDonald, piano performing; Feature Performance features operatic bass Jared Schwartz with The Dallas Opera’s Music Director of Education Mary Dibbern, piano.