The French Room presents Friends of James Beard Benefit Dinner
The French Room hosts the city’s first Friends of the James Beard Benefit dinner, supporting the next generation of great American chefs. For one evening, top culinary talents from across the country collaborate to create an unforgettable celebration benefitting the James Beard Foundation and its programs. Each of the Foundation’s diverse programs, inclusive of educational initiatives, scholarships for culinary students, chef advocacy training and more, help to further its mission to create, nurture and honor chefs.
The evening begins with a Champagne reception in The French Room Bar followed by an eight-course seated dinner in the dining room featuring exquisite wine pairings by The French Room’s sommelier, Leslie Hartman. For this special evening, each participating chef creates a course highlighting the ingredients of fall, ultimately creating a menu that is a true culinary collaboration by some of the country’s best chefs.
Participating chefs include:
- Anthony Dispensa, The French Room
- Bradley Ogden, Bradley Ogden Hospitality
- Restaurant of the Year, James Beard Foundation, 2004
- Best California Chef, James Beard Foundation, 1993
- Peja Krstic, Mot Hai Ba
- Graham Dodds, The Statler
- Angela Hernandez, Fine China
- Johnny Church, Golden Entertainment, Inc.
- Jeramie Robison, City Hall Bistro
- Eric Burrell (Dessert), The Adolphus