Light Up Lowest Greenville
The second annual Light Up Lowest Greenville will add an extra dose of brightness and holiday cheer to the vibrant strip. From 4-8 pm, the area's restaurants, bars and shops are coming together to offer special drinks and snacks, as well as unique holiday ornaments.
Guests can pick up their souvenir mug in advance at lowestgreenvillecollective.org/events/ or day of for $10. The mug is the key to unlocking a variety of food and drink samples at participating businesses, including:
- Toasted Coffee + Kitchen: $2.50 Hot Chocolate
- Ragin’ Crab Cafe: $5 Apple Spice Punch
- Laurel Tavern: Sample of Texas Blonde or Axis IPA
- Steel City Pops: Christmas flavor sample bites
- Joy Macarons: Complimentary Champagne
- Greenville Avenue Pizza Company: Sample Christmas Ale
- HG Sply Co: Cotton-Headed Niny Muggins – Knob Creek Rye, Cabernet Sauvignon, JM Shrub, Spiced Cranberry Syrup, Lemon Juice
- Gung Ho: Son of a Nutcracker! – St. Louis Brandy, Spiced Poached Pear, Pecan Praline Orgeat, Lemon Juice, Angostura Bitters
GAPCo, Gung Ho, Rapscallion, HG Sply Co, Joy Macrons, Laurel Tavern, The Libertine, Four Day Weekend, Single Wide, Pet Supplies Plus, Ragin’ Crab and more will also be selling holiday ornaments for the entire month of December, which can be purchased for less than $5 or a donation of winter clothing or accessories, backpacks or canned food items. Those ornaments can be used to decorate the Lowest Greenville tree, taken home, or given as a gift. The tree lighting will occur at 7 pm at the corner of Greenville and Sears, right next to Char Bar.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Alex W. Spence Middle School’s “Peace Pantry.” The pantry is full of canned goods, clothing and other items that students and their families need. Items of particular need right now are winter clothing, including jackets and gloves. All attendees are encouraged to bring what they can, or to make a monetary donation for the cause.
In addition to food, drinks and ornaments, Light Up Lowest Greenville will also feature an appearance from Santa Claus himself. Everyone’s favorite red-suited, white-bearded figure will be available for photos from 6-8 pm.