SOLUNA International Music & Arts Festival presents Array
The Nancy A. Nasher and David J. Haemisegger Family SOLUNA International Music & Arts Festival will present Array, an event presented in partnership with Capital One. Array will be an evening of visual art and musical collaborations spanning two venues in Deep Ellum.
Collaborative and interdisciplinary performances are core to SOLUNA’s identity. Array will showcase cross-genre partnerships at a high artistic level, marrying international artists with talented Dallas-based ensembles.
Performers and collaborations at Array on stage at The Bomb Factory include:
- GRAMMY® Award nominated hip-hop artist Nas with Members of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- British-Nigerian soul singer Jacob Banks with Dallas Neo-Classical Ballet, the professional ensemble known for their wholly aesthetic cultural programs and incorporating experimental components in their choreography.
- Icelandic blues/rock band Kaleo with the Booker T. Washington High School for the Visual and Performing Arts Gospel Choir.
- Big Gigantic, the Colorado-based, pioneering duo of live electronic music known for their high energy live shows, with the Dallas Mavericks Drumline.
The Canton Hall experience at Array will be free and open to the public, during which 10 Dallas-based visual artists will present their interactive works. Curated by local artist and creative specialist Erica Felicella, patrons will be encouraged to touch, influence and listen to art in an immersive experience. All of the artwork throughout Array has been created by Dallas artists specifically for this event.
Installations at Canton Hall include:
- A 360 degree-virtual reality experience titled "Acclaim," created by Tramaine Townsend which features newly commissioned animation
- "Partial Personality" by Eric Trich and fabricator Jordan Castilleja, a 3D relief of a face that will protrude from the wall and will overlay faces of guests upon the sculpture.
- "Staring at the Sun" created by Carmen Menza and Mattheiu Brooks, in which graphics projected onto a stunning polygonal sculpture will create a kaleidoscope effect which will be heightened by originally composed sound.
Additional installations will be on display by Sheryl Anaya, Alejandra Camargo, Jeremy McKane, Darcy Neal and James Talambas.