English rock singer Peter Gabriel has added 13 new North American cities to his worldwide "i/o - The Tour," including a stop at Dallas' American Airlines Center on Thursday, October 19.
The massive tour, Gabriel's first solo jaunt since the "Back to Front Tour" that took place from late 2012 to early 2014, kicks off in Krakow, Poland on May 18. The Dallas concert will be one of the three final dates on the 48-city tour, alongside Austin on October 18 and Houston on October 21.
The tour is in support of the new album, i/o, Gabriel's first new release since 2011. Although an exact date for the album's release has not been announced, new music from the album is being released on the full moon of each month in 2023; the now-available song for March is called "Playing For Time."
On the tour, fans will get to see Gabriel playing new material from the new album, as well as hits, fan favorites, and the unexpected. Gabriel will be joined by regular bandmates Tony Levin, David Rhodes, and Manu Katché.
Gabriel got his start as the original lead singer of the band Genesis, with which he released six albums in the early 1970s. He left for a solo career in 1975, releasing his first album in 1977. The pinnacle of his career came with the 1986 album So, which contained the indelible hits "Sledgehammer," "In Your Eyes," and "Don't Give Up" with Kate Bush.
The general onsale for the newly added shows will start on Friday, March 24 at 10 am at LiveNation.com. Fans will have access to a special presale through Peter’s Fan Club mailing list, starting on Tuesday, March 21.
Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets in the U.S. beginning on Wednesday, March 22 at 10 am until Thursday, March 23 at 6 pm through the Citi Entertainment program.
Fans can also purchase VIP packages, which may include premium tickets, access to the pre-show lounge, limited edition gift items, and more
Peter Gabriel - i/o – The Tour North American Dates
- September 8 Quebec City, Quebec Videotron Centre
- September 9 Ottawa, Ontario Canadian Tire Centre
- September 11 Toronto, Ontario Scotiabank Arena
- September 13 Montreal, Quebec Bell Centre
- September 14 Boston, Massachusetts TD Garden
- September 16 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Wells Fargo Center
- September 18 New York, New York Madison Square Garden
- September 20 Washington, D.C. Capital One Arena – NEW SHOW
- September 22 Buffalo, New York KeyBank Center – NEW SHOW
- September 23 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania PPG Paints Arena – NEW SHOW
- September 25 Columbus, Ohio Nationwide Arena – NEW SHOW
- September 27 Cleveland, Ohio Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse – NEW SHOW
- September 29 Detroit, Michigan Little Caesars Arena – NEW SHOW
- September 30 Chicago, Illinois United Center
- October 2 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Fiserv Forum – NEW SHOW
- October 3 St. Paul , Minnesota Xcel Energy Center – NEW SHOW
- October 7 Vancouver, British Columbia Rogers Arena
- October 8 Seattle, Washington Climate Pledge Arena
- October 11 San Francisco, California Chase Center
- October 13 Los Angeles, California Kia Forum
- October 14 Palm Springs, California Acrisure Arena – NEW SHOW
- October 16 Denver , Colorado Ball Arena – NEW SHOW
- October 18 Austin, Texas Moody Center – NEW SHOW
- October 19 Dallas, Texas American Airlines Center – NEW SHOW
- October 21 Houston, Texas Toyota Center – NEW SHOW