This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Fort Worth openings and inevitable Dallas closing rule this edition of restaurant news. Teresa Gubbins breaks down all the tasty developments on the local restaurant scene. If hitting the newest restaurants is your thing, then you need to head to Fort Worth, where most of the notable openings in January have taken place.
2. Dallas home decor favorite named best furniture store in United States. IBB Design Fine Furnishings recently stole the show at the 25th annual ARTS Awards held at the Hilton Anatole: The Frisco-based home retailer was named the best furniture store in the United States at the premier awards program dedicated to the home industry.
3. Best U.S. companies to work? They're in Texas, naturally. According to Fortune magazine’s 2014 list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Texas companies are some of the best employers in the nation, including two in Dallas: The Container Store and TDIndustries, which have made the list for 15 and 17 years, respectively.
4. Dallas police contend two mysterious deaths in Reverchon Park are unrelated. A 36-year-old man was found dead in Reverchon Park on January 16, the second unexplained death near the park and the Katy Trail since December 29. In both cases, the bodies had no visible signs of trauma, but police said the cases were unrelated.
5. Black Forest Biergarten adds German accent to Henderson Avenue. With all the German heritage in Texas, it makes sense for Dallas to have a German-style biergarten. In February, we will, when Black Forest Biergarten opens off Henderson Avenue at the corner of McMillan.