Links we love right now
Rick Perry rocks Guitar Hero, Titanic 2 prepares to set sail and J.C. Penney loves YouTube
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Rick Perry takes teenage girl up on an invitation to play Guitar Hero. His suit says he means business, but Ricky's head tilt just wants to have fun.
2. Little girl trying to catch the moon is pretty adorable. At age 2, Kayla already knows what she wants most in life. Nearly a million people have watched her hop up and down, earnestly reaching for the moon. Keep up the good work, kiddo.
3. Australian billionaire announces plans for Titanic 2. Clive Palmer is throwing caution to the wind and building an exact replica of the doomed ocean liner that killed around 1,500 people in 1912. What could go wrong?
4. High school basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged opponent so he can score a basket. With all the recent attention bullying has received, it's nice to know there are kids out there displaying compassion and good sportsmanship.
5. J.C. Penney employees watched a ton of YouTube videos in January. If you do the math, the 5 million YouTube videos watched by 4,800 employees equals about 52 videos per person, per work day. And they don't even have a Links We Love assignment to hide behind. Of course this development is just one possible explanation for why the company's floundering.
6. Carnival Triumph passenger cranks out memoir in record time. Speaking of ill-fated ocean vessels, Christina Peaden made good use of her eight days aboard a stranded cruise ship. Peaden turned her family's harrowing experience into an e-book just 11 days after reaching shore.