Links we love right now
Topless Russian dancer goes viral and proof Alexander Graham Bell was a romantic
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. This pot-bellied Russian man in a Speedo is a better dancer than you. I can't decide if this is a depressing or uplifting thought, but it is definitely true. More power to you, chubby dancer.
2. College pitcher gets ball stuck in glove on a comebacker, throws entire glove to first. Ingenuity and athleticism at its finest. Spoiler alert: He gets the out.
3. Proof that Alexander Graham Bell once kissed his wife inside a tetrahedral kite. National Geographic posted the priceless 1903 photo on March 6, and it's been reposted a number of places since then. Fun side note: Graham Bell's wife was named Mabel. Match made in heaven.
4. An obese cat named Skinny gets taken in by Dallas veterinarian. As you may recall, the story of a 41-pound orange tabby cat went viral back in September. We can now report that Skinny is a mere 34 pounds and has a loving home.
5. Amazing photos of females around the world in honor of International Women's Day. March 8 isn't widely celebrated in America, but many other countries recognize the work of women on this day. No funny stuff here, just a fantastic collection of photos showing women in a variety of roles and careers from The Atlantic.