Links We Love Right Now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Seal pups learn to surf. These baby seals have just learned a valuable life lesson. Swimming is fun, but riding a surf board is better.
2. Here's why you shouldn't do Parkour over a cop. Speaking of life lessons, this one's right up there.
3. The one-legged wrestler who conquered his sport, then left it behind. Deadspin tells the tale of champion wrestler Anthony Robles and asks the question, "Did Robles win in spite of his one-leggedness, or because of it?"
4. When Fort Worth demolished the Weatherford Street bridge, some people thought the world was ending. Or so we've heard. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the sound from the implosion reached as far as Arlington.
5. Hackers post George W. Bush's personal email address. Using information from Guccifer, Gawker urged its readers to "Wish George W. Bush a Happy Iraq War Day" via his personal email address email@example.com. But locals can pass along their regards in person at a number of Dubya-approved Dallas hot spots.
6. Baylor women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey is not to be trifled with. If you're a Baylor fan, you already knew this. But to the rest of the world, let this video of a press conference be a warning. Turn the ringer off next time, Jason.