Bobblehead collectors will need to add a new wing to the man cave, thanks to the Texas Rangers. In 2018, the baseball club is issuing a record 12 Bobblehead giveaways. The club also announced several 2018 individual game ticket specials.
That's great news about the ticket specials but let's get right to the dozen Bobbleheads, which, as has been mentioned previously, is a club record. It easily surpasses the 2017 lineup, which consisted of a mere six Bobbleheads. Do the math: In 2018, there are twice as many. There's even one with a removable mask.
- March 31: TXU Energy Adrian Beltre Home Run Counter Bobblehead
- April 7: Dr Pepper/Brookshire’s Elvis Andrus Bobblehead
- May 26: Medical City Healthcare Star Wars Han Gallo Bobblehead
- June 9: Dairy MAX Joey Gallo Tape Measure Bobblehead
- June 16: Dr Pepper/Albertsons Adrian Beltre Best Friends Bobblehead (1st in a series of 2)
- June 30: Rougie and Smokey the Horse Bobblehead
- July 21: Dr Pepper/Tom Thumb Elvis Andrus Best Friends Bobblehead (2nd in a series of 2)
- August 4: Vladimir Guerrero Hall of Fame Bobblehead
- August 5: Ted Williams First Rangers Manager Bobblehead
- August 18: Coca-Cola Nomar Mazara Bobblehead
- August 28: StubHub Robinson Chirinos Removable Mask Bobblehead
- September 1: Rangers Captain Bobblehead (1st 15,000 fans for all Bobbleheads).
The promotional activities don't stop with the Bobbleheads. Thre will also be 15 post-game fireworks shows, taking place on 13 different Fridays as well as July 3-4, which this year is a Wednesday.
There will be four post-game concerts:
- April 21: Smash Mouth presented by Budweiser
- April 22: Siggno
- August 18: Casey Donahew presented by Budweiser
- August 19: MercyMe presented by Buckner International
There are three events that fall under the "celebrations" category, two of which feature local celebrities. That's what makes them so celebrated.
- April 20: Falken Tires Adrian Beltre 3000th Hit Mini Bat
- July 20: PowerAde/Kroger Celebration Snow Globe
- August 3: Dr Pepper Eric Nadel 40th Anniversary Microphone
These are the special-edition shirts and caps giveaways designed to draw the freebie-loving sports fan to the gate early-early.
- April 8: Dasani Rangers pocket T-shirt, distributed to the first 7500, 13 and under
- April 21: Globe Life Rangers pullover, distributed to the first 15,000, 14 and older
- May 27: Carter BloodCare Rangers cap, distributed to the first 15,000
- June 17: FOX Sports Southwest/Southwest Airlines reversible bucket hat, distributed to the first 15,000
- July 1: Rangers raglan T-shirt, distributed to the first 17,500 fans. There will be 15,000 adult sized and 2500 youth large.
Fans can bring their dogs to the ballpark on April 7 for Bark At The Park presented by Nylabone and Pets Add Life. Advanced registration required and will be available on texasrangers.com/BarkAtThePark.
Individual tickets for all 2018 games at Globe Life Park in Arlington except the home opener on Thursday, March 29 went on sale on March 2.
For the fifth consecutive year, "dynamic" ticket pricing is being utilized in all individual seating categories for all games. In partnership with Qcue, a demand-based pricing software for live entertainment events, the Rangers set and adjust ticket prices higher or lower for each game in real-time based on market demand and factors such as pitching matchups, team performance, opponent, weather, and day of week. Dynamic ticket pricing applies for all tickets except Children’s tickets in the Upper Reserved category.
The Rangers release a limited number of reserved seats, obstructed view seating, and standing room only tickets for the Home Opener to fans signed up to receive Texas Rangers emails. Fans can go to texasrangers.com/OpeningDay and sign up to receive Rangers emails.
The Rangers will once again have a number of individual game ticket discounts:
Dr Pepper cans. Any Dr Pepper or Diet Dr Pepper can may be presented at Globe Life Park in Arlington or DRPEPPER entered as the coupon code on texasrangers.com/specials to receive tickets at up to 40% off in the Upper Reserved, Upper Box, and Lexus Club Terrace seating sections. Offer is valid for most Sunday through Thursday home games April through July, excluding March 29, May 3, 6, 21-23, and July 3-4. Offer is subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit 12.
Coca-Cola family packs. Save up to 54 percent with Coca-Cola Family Packs that include four tickets, four jumbo hot dogs, four Coke soft drinks, two Kids Zone wristbands, and one souvenir program. Two locations are available: Upper Reserved – $76 and Lower Reserved – $120.
Additional persons may be added (one program per four tickets, one kids zone wristband per two tickets). Offer is available at texasrangers.com/specials, via phone, or at box office for most Sunday through Thursday regular-season games except March 29, May 3, 6, 21-23, July 3-4, and September 23. Offer is subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit 12.
For a list of updated ticket discounts during the season, fans can go to texasrangers.com/specials.
The Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office is open weekdays from 9 am-5 pm, and Saturdays from 10 am-4 pm.