Links We Love
HBO Go outrage, Jon Hamm loses dating game show and more links we love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Game of Thrones premiere crashed HBO Go, and fans were none too pleased. Internet TV watchers have high expectations. They have little patience for crashes or prolonged buffering, even while admittedly getting premium content for free. The outrage was compounded by HBO's cheeky updates on Twitter, including telling viewers to "send a raven."
2. Jon Hamm was on a dating show in the ’90s, and he lost. Jon Hamm may be a hot Hollywood star these days, but back in 1996, he was just another sucker trying to woo a woman on daytime TV. Despite promising "an evening of fabulousity," Hamm was rejected on The Big Date.
3. "Brozen," a.k.a. Bros who like Frozen, is not really a thing. No matter what age, race, gender or nationality you are, there's a good chance you're a fan of the movie Frozen. Still, we were surprised to learn the term "Brozen" is gaining traction. Or is it? According to The Daily Dot, it's all an elaborate prank. Let it go, boys.
4. Honey Maid found the perfect way to respond to homophobes who hated its new ad. In March, Honey Maid put out a cute commercial showing a wide variety of families. This apparently angered some people who sent hate mail to Honey Maid. They responded in the best way possible: with a whole lotta love.
5. This font made from CGI skin will make you feel gross. If you are okay with using this font, you might be a serial killer. Nevertheless, we've got to hand it to the German design studio FOREAL. It's not every day that a font makes your skin crawl.