This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Where to eat right now: 10 most underrated restaurants in Dallas. You don't need a line out the door to tell you if a restaurant is good. Just because a place hasn't made some best-of list doesn't mean it's not worthy. To that end, here is our list of Dallas' most underrated restaurants.
2. Johnny Manziel blows his vow to be low key at Final Four: Another ridiculous NFL red flag? Manziel wears a baseball cap pulled low. Maybe he thinks that will be enough to help him stay incognito. Okay, Manziel knows better. Johnny Football can't hide. Not in plain sight of 80,000 sports fans and hundreds of cameras.
3. East Dallas restaurant Garden Cafe embodies farm-to-table movement. Opened 12 years ago by retired Dallas lawyer Dale Wootton, Garden Cafe is a casual, neighborhood eatery with a standard fare of breakfast and lunch items. With an affinity for gardening, Wootton deemed the large backyard behind the cafe the perfect setting for outdoor seating surrounded by a variety of garden crops.
4. Most arrogant champs ever: UConn mocks Kentucky's toughness, claims revenge on NCAA in wild Final Four. UConn pulled off one of the most defiant NCAA tournament runs of all time. Banned from even participating in the Big Dance last season due to its horrific academic record, Kevin Ollie and the Huskies clawed their way to a national championship thanks to will, desire and one of the tournament's all-time-great coaching jobs.
5. Everyone wants a piece of the Ewings on TNT's Dallas. Fists flew and the double dealing doubled down on a frenetic episode of Dallas this week. The series has its half-season finale April 14, so the show spent its penultimate hour, titled "Like a Bad Penny," setting up John Ross Ewing for a fall.