This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. New Dallas townhomes offer young professionals everything they want where they want it. A new townhome village gives young professionals a prime option just minutes from downtown Dallas and a plethora of retail and restaurant options. Villas at Garrett Avenue provide the perfect home base for the active singleton or young married couple who likes to spend their leisure time in Uptown, Lower Greenville or Knox-Henderson.
2. Impending Uptown restaurant closure can’t darken this sunny batch of food news. You can tell the season just by looking at the menus of restaurants around Dallas-Fort Worth, where spring dishes are sprouting. There are more tacos, more pizza and more brunch. All of that spring growth cannot be stunted by the impending closure of one of Dallas’ oldest restaurants.
3. Gino’s East pizzeria sets date to begin DFW deep-dish domination. There is an end in sight for those who have been waiting patiently for Gino’s East pizzeria to arrive in Dallas-Fort Worth: April 30 is opening day for the Arlington branch coming to 1350 E. Copeland Rd.
4. Henderson Avenue bar checks out after 5 years in Dallas. After five years of serving cocktails and upscale pub grub on trendy Henderson Avenue, J. Black’s Feel Good Kitchen & Lounge will close on May 2. According to the owners, the uptick in bars in the surrounding area created increased competition for business.
5. Dream about a pristinely preserved midcentury? This Dallas home is it. There’s a house in East Dallas that appears untouched since it was built in 1959, and it can be yours for $295,000. Located in Lochwood, 10504 Lake Gardens Dr. is 1,533 square feet of retro perfection, from Terrazzo floors and decorative dividers to original pendant light fixtures and knotty wood paneling.