Whataburger whopper and the Kevin Bacon of Dallas: 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note:Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Whataburger spicy ketchup and mustard soon to hit supermarket shelves. Bolstered by the hype generated for its spicy ketchup, Whataburger has decided to start bottling the stuff. The burger chain will partner with HEB stores to sell it this summer.
2. The new Arts District executive director on Dallas' embarrassment of riches. In our ongoing series about our city's influentials, Catherine Cuellar, the newly appointed executive director of the Dallas Arts District, shares her passion for the art scene and why her dad calls her "the Kevin Bacon of Dallas."
3. Dallas singles lead the nation in first-date sex. Dallasites are a bunch of dirty birds. According to Match.com’s Singles in America Study, 31 percent of Dallas singles — dudes and dames — admitted they were okay with sex on the first date. That's the highest percentage in the country, y'all.
4. Deep Ellum Brewing Company loses brewer Drew Huerter. Well-regarded brewer Drew Huerter parted ways with Dallas craft beer maker Deep Ellum Brewing Company. "We're weighing our options," founder John Reardon told food editor Teresa Gubbins. "We're growing so fast that we need the right people involved."
5. Friends of the Park Spring Fling brings the romance to Klyde Warren Park. Sexy young supporters of Klyde Warren Park gathered on a cool spring night to celebrate the latest and greatest addition to the downtown Dallas landscape. Ray Johnston Band rocked the stage while guests got silly in the photo booth.