Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Lots of openings make this a happy edition of Dallas restaurant news. New additions to the food and drink scene include a Cajun seafood place called Tasty Tails in Plano; HG Sply Co., a Lower Greenville Avenue restaurant that espouses the Paleo diet; and a new restaurant opening in Uptown called House 34.
2. Seven Dallas-Fort Worth barbecue restaurants crack Texas Monthly's top 50. With a fancy new barbecue editor on staff, Texas Monthly has issued a list of the top 50 barbecue joints in Texas. DFW gets credit for Lockhart Smokehouse, Pecan Lodge and Cousin's Bar-B-Q, to name a few.
3. Hot Kate Upton, drunk Tiger Woods and Space Jam top links we love right now. There's so much to love in this edition of Links We Love that you shouldn't even feel guilty about a few minutes of personal web browsing during the workday. Virtually SFW unless your boss is a Kate Upton hater.
4. Stupid Good Coffee now brewing in downtown Dallas. Where there was previously a dearth of coffee, there is now a plethora of coffee. "There" being downtown Dallas, as a new coffee spot whimsically titled Stupid Good Coffee has opened in a cat-bird perch on the sky bridge at the 1910 Pacific building.
5. Dallas-Fort Worth joins upcoming international March Against Monsanto. The protest is designed to call out the practices of agri-business giant Monsanto. Marches will take place on six continents, in 33 countries with 275-plus events in more than 250 cities. In the United States, the events will be coordinated to start simultaneously at 11 am Pacific time on May 25.