Klyde Warren Park and best restaurant bars top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note:Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Decks in the Park brings experimental music parties to Klyde Warren this summer. There is no shortage of reasons to visit Klyde Warren Park, but add this one to the list: Decks in the Park, a funky new monthly music series on the last Thursday of the month through September. Founder Jeff Mitchell says it's inspired by the outdoor summer music series presented by MoMA PS1 in New York.
2. Rusty Taco founder Rusty Fenton loses battle with cancer. Fenton, who founded Uncle Julio's and Rusty Taco, passed away on June 24 at the age of 53. The beloved Dallas restaurateur was one of the first to see the rising fortunes of tacos when he opened the first branch on Greenville Avenue in 2010.
3. Dallas has 3 of the best restaurant bars in America. Reservation site OpenTable recently announced the 100 Hottest Restaurant Bars for 2013. Del Frisco’s Grille, Cedars Social and Henry’s Tavern were among the restaurant bars from 23 states and Washington, D.C. The list was generated based on more than 5 million reviews from OpenTable diners with a minimum overall rating required.
4. Secret Beach emerges as hot new Texas tubing destination. The secret’s out about “Secret Beach,” thanks to Austin’s first tubing and shuttle service on the East Side. For those who have never ventured to the hidden hot spot, Secret Beach is a stretch of undeveloped Colorado River shoreline — and it’s now a destination along the route outlined by East Side Tubes.
5. FBI nabs serial bank robber dubbed Mesh Mask Bandit. After more than six months on the lam, suspected serial bank robber Luis Delagarza has been captured. The FBI says Delagarza is the infamous Mesh Mask Bandit responsible for 19 Dallas-Fort Worth bank robberies dating back to New Year's Eve 2012.