This Week's Hot Headlines
Cool day trip from Dallas refreshes this week's most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Sparkling spring-fed pool makes for an ideal day trip from Dallas. You can swim at the landmark Hancock Springs Pool and dine at a four-star resort, and the best part is that you can do it all in a day.
2. Pricier restaurant does not survive in Dallas' Lakewood neighborhood. A restaurant in the center of Lakewood shut down after less than a year in business. Sugarbacon Proper Kitchen, which opened in October 2016 in the space long occupied previously by home cooking classic Dixie House, closed on July 17.
3. One Dallas-area restaurant makes this list of best barbecue in America. Southern Living magazine, which has a tradition of issuing such lists, just released its 50 best barbecue restaurants, featuring one in every state, and that includes Texas.
4. Dallas' ice cream game gets new trick with gelato on a stick. A new ice cream concept is hitting Dallas-Fort Worth: Popbar, famous for handmade gelato-on-a-stick, will make its Texas debut this fall, with openings in both Dallas and Tarrant County.
5. This Dallas ZIP code has the third most expensive rent in Texas. According to a new report from rental website RentCafe, based on data from Yardi Matrix, you have to shell out more than $2,100 a month to rent an apartment in the priciest area of Dallas.