Ordinarily, we'd be anticipating all the discounts we could get in our annual trips to the State Fair of Texas this time of year. But with the biggest event on the Dallas calendar canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, we'll have to look elsewhere to soothe our bargain-hunting souls.
We've unearthed some of the best deals around Dallas-Fort Worth to ease the strain on our readers' bank accounts. Below are the top seven deals to check out this week.
- Abuelo's: The Mexican food chain, which has five Dallas-Fort Worth area locations, is giving away free queso to guests who donate $2 or more to No Kid Hungry while dining at any location through August 15. Guests will receive a free Queso VIP Card that they can redeem for an order of queso on their next visit, valid through September 30.
- Fireside Pies: The local pizza mini-chain, which has six Dallas-Fort Worth area locations, is offering $5 cocktails, $5 desserts, and three different meal packages through the end of August.
- Maple Leaf Diner: The diner serving Poutine & other Canadian staples at Preston Valley Shopping Center is giving back to restaurant industry professionals every Sunday night on Industry Night, where they will receive 50 percent off their meal when they bring in a pay stub from the restaurant or restaurant group they work for. The deal will run through the end of September.
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib: The steakhouse in North Dallas is offering a special surf-and-turf dinner for the month of August. For $65, guests will get The Famous Spinning Bowl Salad, a choice between a California Cut of Prime Rib and Lobster Tail or Salmon Rockefeller and Lobster Tail for entree, and a choice between CC Brown’s Hot Fudge Sundae or Chocolate Cake for dessert. The special is available for dine-in or to-go.
- Neiman Marcus: The Downtown Dallas flagship location of the luxury department store is offering a free Neiman Marcus-branded tote filled with beauty bag and deluxe size samples with a $125 purchase anytime between August 12-15.
- Texican Court: The Irving hotel is offering 50 percent off the last night of a three-night stay. Guests must stay for three consecutive nights to qualify for the promotion.
- Tootsies: The Dallas shopping destination is offering its biggest sale of the year, running at least through August 15. All Spring & Summer 2020 pieces are on sale for 50 percent off. Shoppers can enjoy an extra 10 percent off when a friend makes a purchase, as well.
- Water Lantern Festival: While the planned festival in Fort Worth has been canceled in 2020, the organizers are offering 50 percent off tickets for when the event returns in 2021.