Ordinarily, we'd be anticipating all the discounts we could get in our annual trips to the State Fair of Texas this time of year. But with the biggest event on the Dallas calendar canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, we'll have to look elsewhere to soothe our bargain-hunting souls.
We've unearthed some of the best deals around Dallas-Fort Worth to ease the strain on our readers' bank accounts. Below are the top seven deals to check out this week.
- Big Al’s Smokehouse BBQ: In honor of Dallas-Fort Worth’s workforce, the barbecue spot near Love Field is offering two racks of its award-winning pork ribs for $40 (normally $48) on Labor Day, Monday, September 7. The special is available for curbside pickup and delivery (within three miles of the restaurant). Orders can be placed online or by calling 214-350-2649. The restaurant will be open from 10:30 am-3 pm (or until they sell out).
- Bonefish Grill: The seafood chain, which has locations in Allen and Southlake, is offering a Labor Day deal featuring a Lobster and Shrimp Family Bundle for $45 that includes a Lobster and Shrimp Roll entree, salad, family-style sides, and freshly-baked cookies. The deal, which serves up to five people, will be available September 4-7, and is available for online ordering (Southlake location only).
- Camp Gladiator: The fitness company is offering a flash sale in honor of its 12th birthday that includes four weeks of unlimited group fitness via both the brand's virtual and outdoor classes for just $9. A $125 value, the deal will only be available from 9 am-10 pm on Tuesday, September 1. Outdoor classes are located through the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- DFW Restaurant Week: The annual event allows diners to enjoy prix fixe meals at fine dining restaurants across the area at discounted prices ranging from $19-$49, with a portion of the price donated to the North Texas Food Bank or Lena Pope. Also, anyone who spends $10 at any DFW FedEx Office location will receive a certificate for an additional dinner course at participating restaurants. The week ends on September 6, but most restaurants extend participation for additional weeks, through September 27.
- Luna Grill: The Mediterranean fast casual restaurant, which has eight Dallas-Fort Worth locations, will celebrate National Gyro Day (September 1) with a week-long special of buy one, get one free lunch combo. Guests who order a "Street Gyros" combo ($6.95) — which includes two Street Gyros (regular or spicy), a side of fries, and a drink — will receive an additional order free. The offer is available from 11 am to 3 pm through September 7. Luna Grill Rewards guests will receive the offer on their app on September 1, or guests can call/come in and mention the "National Gyro Day" promotion. The deal is not valid on online orders or any third-party delivery platforms.
- Smokey John's Bar-B-Que & Home Cooking: The barbecue spot by Love Field is offering a "No" Labor Day Pack on Labor Day, September 7, only. The deal includes two pounds of brisket, one slab of ribs, one whole smoked chicken, two big sides, rolls & sauce, and one gallon of tea or lemonade for $129.95 (around a $10 savings).
- World of Beer Fort Worth: The bar/restaurant off of West 7th Street has reopened to the public, and it is offering $5 Burger Monday, where guests can try a WOB Burger for $5, and “Drink It In” Happy Hour, Monday-Thursday from 3-7 pm & Sunday-Thursday from 10 pm-close.