This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas' best bakery brings bread and sandwiches to east side of town. Empire Baking Company, the artisan bakery which introduced true sourdough to Dallas, is opening a store at The Hill, the hipster mixed-used development at the northeast corner of US-75 and Walnut Hill Lane.
2. Dallas couple's 8-year courtship leads to lavish wedding fit for royalty. While the world was watching Meghan and Harry say I do, Taylor and Jeff James were preparing to tie the knot in a sparkling Dallas celebration fit for royalty.
3. Two Dallas ice cream shops close in the same week. At a time when ice cream shops have been opening left and right, two worthy shops in Dallas have closed, coincidentally within days of each other.
4. High-speed train from Dallas to Houston hires major operator from Spain. The high-speed railroad from Dallas to Houston has acquired a key new player that will run day-to-day operations. Renfe, an international railway company based in Spain, has been hired as the train's operating partner.
5. Where to drink in Dallas right now: 5 best new happy hours for October. In the October chapter of Where to Drink, Mondays are big, very big, with Monday-night specials dominating the field.