This Week's Hot Headlines
Jingle Ball reveal and fab fall events top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note:Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. 106.1 KISS FM releases lineup for Jingle Ball 2013 benefiting Kidd's Kids. With holidays on its mind, radio station 106.1 KISS FM has announced the lineup for Jingle Ball ’13, set for December 2 at American Airlines Center. Like much of what happens with KISS FM, the annual Jingle Ball leaves an enduring connection to radio personality Kidd Kraddick, who died in July. This year's event will benefit his charity, Kidd's Kids.
2. Five fantastic fall activities in Dallas you absolutely can't miss. Did you feel that? The temperature dipped — at least as much as it's going to for "fall" in Dallas. Now that the weather is on our side, we have rounded up five of our favorite fall activities — including one in which you can take your curiosity indoors should rain dampen your plans.
3. Beautiful scenesters flock to the Crow for CultureMap Dallas first anniversary bash. CultureMap Dallas welcomed more than 750 sexy scenesters to the Crow Collection of Asian Art for its one-year birthday bash, presented by Cadillac. It was a stunner, if we do say so ourselves, and we must give a shout out to Mother Nature for blessing us with near-perfect weather for the autumn evening soiree.
4. The 5 best sports bars in Dallas right now. Everyone loves sports. It’s the great unifier of races, religions and sexes so long as you’re not wearing a Spurs jersey. But you can’t make every game, so sometimes you have to watch from a TV. With that in mind, these are our picks for the best sports bars in Dallas right now. As always with these lists, your favorite has been left off on purpose.
5. Aurora 2013: 10 must-see moments at transformative Dallas Arts District experience. 145 submissions. 87 chosen artists. 60 volunteers. And 19 square blocks of the Dallas Arts District and Klyde Warren Park. It all adds up to Aurora, an immersive, transformative contemporary art experience that lit up the heart of downtown Dallas October 18. We hope you didn't miss it.