Comedy Comeback News
Comedian Chris Tucker returns to road after a decade with a stop in Irving
Comedian Chris Tucker will make The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory in Irving one of the stops on his first major tour in North America since 2011, performing at the venue on Wednesday, November 1.
The 30-city Legend Tour 2023 will kick off in Charleston, South Carolina on September 8, continuing through January 12.
In Texas, in addition to the Irving date, Tucker will also perform in Houston on November 4.
"I started my career doing stand-up in comedy clubs and it's stand-up comedy that prepared me for all of my movie roles," said Tucker in a statement. "I'm looking forward to getting back to my roots. I love performing live, there's nothing like the energy of a live crowd and making people laugh."
Tucker’s career began in the early 1990s when he became a favorite on Russell Simmons’ HBO Def Comedy Jam. He is best known for his role in the Rush Hour action-comedy film franchise, as well as Friday and The Fifth Element.
He's been in only a few films since the Rush Hour series ended, but recently had a prominent role opposite Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Viola Davis in Air.
Tickets will be available starting with an artist presale beginning on Thursday, August 10. Additional presales will run throughout the week ahead of the general on-sale beginning on Friday, August 11 at 10 am at Ticketmaster.com.
THE LEGEND TOUR DATES:
- Fri Sep 08 – North Charleston, SC – North Charleston Performing Arts Center
- Sun Sep 10 – Norfolk, VA – Chrysler Hall
- Wed Sep 20 – Louisville, KY – The Louisville Palace
- Fri Sep 22 – Memphis, TN – The Orpheum Theatre Memphis
- Sun Sep 24 – Durham, NC – DPAC
- Sat Sep 30 – Oakland, CA – Paramount Theatre-Oakland
- Tue Oct 03 – Denver, CO – Paramount Theatre
- Wed Oct 04 – Inglewood, CA – YouTube Theater
- Thu Oct 05 – Phoenix, AZ – Arizona Financial Theatre
- Sat Oct 07 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Pantages Theatre
- Tue Oct 10 – Columbus, OH – Palace Theatre Columbus
- Wed Oct 11 – Cincinnati, OH – Aronoff Center
- Thu Oct 12 – Cleveland, OH – State Theatre at Playhouse Square
- Wed Oct 18 – Philadelphia, PA – The Met Philadelphia
- Thu Oct 19 – Pittsburgh, PA – Benedum Center
- Sun Oct 22 – Baltimore, MD – Hippodrome at France-Merrick Performing Arts
- Thu Oct 26 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium
- Wed Nov 01 – Irving, TX – The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- Sat Nov 04 – Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center
- Tue Nov 07 – Oklahoma City, OK – Criterion Theater
- Wed Nov 08 – Kansas City, MO – Music Hall Kansas City
- Tue Nov 14 – Jacksonville, FL – Jacksonville Center for the Performing Arts - Moran Theater
- Wed Nov 15 – Orlando, FL – Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Fri Nov 17 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre
- Wed Nov 29 – Chicago, IL – The Chicago Theatre
- Sat Dec 02 – Indianapolis, IN – Murat Theatre at Old National Centre
- Mon Dec 04 – St. Louis, MO – Stifel Theatre
- Thu Dec 07 – Washington, DC – The Anthem
- Tue Jan 09 – Toronto, ON – Meridian Hall
- Fri Jan 12 – Detroit, MI – Fox Theatre