Links we love right now
Puppy Bowl, baby perfume and Dallas Police does Fruit Ninja
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Stop everything: Puppy Bowl's puppy cam is live-streaming cuteness. As you might have surmised, the Puppy Bowl is a canine take on the Super Bowl, and it, too, goes down on Sunday. Watch the pups prep by sleeping, snuggling and biting each other's ears. In a related note, I miss my dogs.
Live Video app for Facebook by Ustream
2. Twenty-five amazing electron microscope images. You will never look at salt and pepper the same again. Give science a chance, people.
3. Dolce & Gabbana launch perfume for babies. Because we all hate that natural baby smell. Actually, the notes of citrus, honey and melon are supposed to enhance a baby's everyday scent. It's also supposed to make you fork over $45. God speed.
4. Man who perpetrated girlfriend hoax against Manti Te'o was actually in love with him. Just when you thought the name Te'o was disappearing from headlines everywhere, the football star is back in the game. Roniah Tuiasosopo has claimed responsibility for the two-year hoax in which he pretended to be a woman who became Te'o's girlfriend. Now, this may come as a shock, but in an interview with Dr. Phil to air on Thursday, Tuiasosopo says he could be gay.
5. Dallas Police Department shows it is decent at Fruit Ninja and awesome at leveraging media attention. I'd like to give DPD a slow clap and a hat tip for its handling of Fruitgate. When an officer's child mistakenly tweeted his Fruit Ninja score from the DPD's twitter account, the Internet exploded with outrage. DPD quickly got to the bottom of the tweet and then issued this hilarious — and informative — statement. Take note, public relations professionals. This is how it's done.
@dallaspd Will you guys be playing Angry Birds next week?:-)— TING Web (@tingweb) January 30, 2013