12th Annual Big Tex Choice Awards
The 12th Annual Big Tex Choice Awards will give State Fair of Texas fanatics the chance to taste all eight finalist dishes. Each year, State Fair concessionaires cook up tasty and unique foods for a chance to become one of eight finalists in the annual Big Tex Choice Awards competition. They will compete for the prestigious titles of Best Taste and Most Creative for this year’s State Fair.
The eight finalists are:
- Caribbean Pineapple Korn-a-Copia, Created by Stephen Alade
- Deep Fried Bacon Burger Dog Slider on a Stick, Created by Brent & Juan Reaves
- Deep Fried Pulled Pork “FUNYUN®” Dings, Created by Chris Howard
- Fernie’s Down Home Chicken Pot Pie Pocket with Mac ‘n Cheese Dip, Created by Christi Erpillo
- Fried Jell-O®, Created by Ruth Hauntz
- Injectable Great Balls of BBQ, Created by Glen Kusak
- Southern Fried Chicken & Dumplins, Created by Clint Probst
- State Fair Cookie Fries, Created by Isaac Rousso
Included with tickets is one admission ticket to the State Fair, a Fair-branded baseball cap, and a commemorative Big Tex refillable cup. Event will take place in the Tower Building at Fair Park.
All proceeds from the Big Tex Choice Awards ceremony will be donated to the State Fair of Texas Youth Scholarship Program.