2016 USA Film Festival
The 46th Annual USA Film Festival will feature 24 separate events and screenings, with a variety of big name actors and filmmakers in attendance.
This year’s program highlights (in-person guests) include:
- Salute to actor Alfred Molina and writer/director Ira Sachs with screening of Sachs’ new film Little Men.
- Salute to the legendary photojournalist Harry Benson with screening of the new documentary, Harry Benson: Shoot First. The program will be hosted by actor (and USAFF Advisory Board member) Peri Gilpin; Harry Benson and filmmakers Matthew Miele and Justin Bare will be in attendance.
- Salute to writer/director Whit Stillman (in attendance) with screening of his new film, Love & Friendship.
- Salute to country music superstar Charley Pride with screening of the new documentary, Country: Portraits of an American Sound; Charley Pride and writer/director Steven Kochones will be in attendance.
- Salute to actor Bruce Davison with screenings of the new short film, Extra School, and new feature film, Displacement. Dallas-born actor Courtney Hope (the Divergent series) returns to her hometown with a screening of Displacement; writer/director Kenneth Mader will also be in attendance.
- Special repertory screening of The Diary of Anne Frank with star Millie Perkins in attendance.
- Screening of the fascinating new documentary The Witness (a re-examination of the murder of Kitty Genovese) with writer/director James Solomon and writer Bill Genovese in attendance.
- Screening debut of the Dallas-based documentary, Taking Back Oak Lawn, with director Steven Pomerantz and other guests in attendance.
The full schedule of films can be found at usafilmfestival.com.