Dallas Museum of Art presents Off the Wall
The weekend begins early every second Thursday at the DMA’s Off the Wall, a brand new program that takes an unexpected look at the Museum’s collection. Kick off the evening with a pop, twist, and clink with a specially curated concoction, glass of vino, or cold brew. From crafts and gallery tours, to cocktails and quizzes, to discos and DJs, Off the Wall is where art and pop culture meet to form a masterpiece.
Highlights from the fall schedule for Off the Wall:
October 13: Space Oddity
- Take a tour of the galleries and explore the many meanings behind space.
- See which works of art match your zodiac sign.
- Drink a cosmic cocktail while gazing at Robert Rauschenberg’s Skyway.
- Dance to the music of David Bowie during the 60s Disco Dance Party.
November 10: Gogh Your Own Way
- Discover more about van Gogh with DMA curator Nicole Myers.
- Help the Shabby Sheep re-create van Gogh’s Sheaves of Wheat with yarn pom-poms.
- Listen to readings of Vincent and Theo van Gogh’s letters to each other.
- Gogh your own way on the Choose Your Own Adventure Tour.
December 8: Winter Is Coming
- Test your Game of Thrones knowledge with the Pub Quiz.
- Find your art soulmate through lightning-fast gallery activities.
- Watch an ice carver create art from a frozen block of ice.
- Imbibe Fire and Ice shots or White Russian Walkers in the DMA Cafe.
- Take the Game of Thrones personality quiz to find out if you are a Daenerys, a Tyrian, or a Cersei. Wear all white and get 50% off your ticket.
A selection of upcoming 2017 Off the Wall themes include:
- January 12: Plot Twist
- February 9: Shot Through the Heart
- March 9: Et Tu, Brute?
- April 13: Shaken, Not Stirred
- May 11: Wax On, Wax Off
- June 8: Make It Work!