Festival of Independent Theatres
The Festival of Independent Theatres was founded in 1998 in an effort to aid local theater companies without a permanent performance space. The eight shows are all one-act plays, paired in two-show blocks and will continue in rotating repertory through August 4.
In addition to the eight main stage productions, the festival also includes the art exhibition "Revived with Light: An Exploration of Expired Photographic Media," as well as a variety of live music presented on selected weekend afternoons in the Bath House art gallery, and FIT Underground, live music and light refreshments available weekend evenings in the Bath House’s shore level performance space.
2018 plays will include:
- Camp Death: Jimmy Pine by Ben Schroth
- DGDG: Just Girly Things by Danielle Georgiou, Justin Locklear, Ruben Carrazana, Trey Pendergrass and Cory Kosel
- Eccentric Bear Productions: The Book of Gabe by Isaac Young
- Echo Theatre: Bible Women by Elizabeth Swados and Vicki Caroline Cheatwood
- Imprint Theatreworks: Suckers by Devin Berg
- Laughter League: Where Do I Sit? by Dick Monday
- Prism Movement Theatre: BruNO and lOUIe by Jeffrey Colangelo
- WingSpan Theatre, Co: Landscape by Harold Pinter
For a full schedule of events, go to the festival website.