Festival of Independent Theatres
The Festival of Independent Theatres was founded in 1998 in an effort to aid local theater companies without a permanent performance space. The eight shows are all one-act plays, paired in two-show blocks and will continue in rotating repertory through August 3.
As is tradition, this year’s line-up includes eight independent theatre companies, some long-time participants and some fresh to FIT, performing eight one-act plays paired in two show blocks. There will also be two brand new cabaret performances by two divas of the Dallas music scene, Jodi Crawford Wright and Kathryn Taylor Rose.
- Audacity Theatre Lab: The Beast of Hyperborea
- Bootstraps Comedy Theater: Nerve
- Flexible Grey Theatre Company: Sky’s the Limit
- Imprint Theatreworks: Dirty Dirty Night Squirrel
- Leos Ensemble: small hours
- Lily & Joan Theatre Company: Marilyn, Pursued by a Bear
- The Very Good Dance Theatre: The 1st Annual Gay Show
- WingSpan Theatre Co.: Jo & Louisa
- Kathryn Taylor Rose: Nobody Knows What They’re Doing
- Jodi Crawford Wright: Songs My Mama Taught Me
For a full schedule of events, go to the festival website.