Shakespeare 400 Film Series
All the world’s a stage, and it’s enjoyed just as much in a movie theater. So for the month of April, Alamo Drafthouse is partnering with Shakespeare Dallas, TheaterJones, and the AT&T Performing Arts Center to present the Shakespeare 400 Film Series. The festival commemorates the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s April 1616 death. The series will cover 11 films featuring classic and modern takes on Shakespeare’s most beloved plays, as well as adaptations and movies based on the Bard’s work and life.
Taking place at both the Richardson and new Dallas locations, each screening will feature special events, discussions, giveaways and performances.
The following is the lineup for April:
- Hamlet (1948) - April 2 at Alamo Dallas
- West Side Story (1961) - April 4 at Alamo Richardson
- Falstaff, a.k.a. Chimes at Midnight (1965) - April 9 at Alamo Dallas
- Ran (1985) - April 11 at Alamo Richardson
- Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet (1996) - April 13 at Alamo Dallas
- The Taming of the Shrew (1967) - April 16 at Alamo Dallas
- Richard III (1995) - April 18 at Alamo Richardson
- Shakespeare in Love (1998) - April 20 at Alamo Dallas
- Much Ado About Nothing (2012) - April 25 at Alamo Richardson
- My Own Private Idaho (1991) - April 27 at Alamo Dallas
- Henry V (1989) - April 30 at Alamo Dallas