TeCo Theatrical Productions presents Down For The Count Play Festival
TeCo Theatrical Productions, Inc. presents its inaugural Down For The Count Play Festival that gives a platform to female voices. The event was inspired by the Dramatists Guild of America and Lilly Awards’ study on the underrepresentation of women voices on America stages. Down For The Count will feature notable national and local playwrights, including two-time Obie award winner and Tony award nominee Charlayne Woodard.
The line-up includes:
- Charlayne Woodard’s Phenom, a regional premiere.
- Vicki Caroline Cheatwood’s Breathing Room, premiered Off-Broadway in “Cowgirl Chronicles” in Six Figures Theatre Company’s Artists of Tomorrow Series at the West End Theater.
- Patricia Urbina’s Maya Baktun El Umbral, depicts a hoarding, polluting, greed-ridden humanity out of control.
- Ruth Cantrell’s A Thing Of Beauty, a mother diagnosed with breast cancer uses unorthodox methods to reach out to her daughter.
- Cassie M. Seinuk’s Occupy Hallmark, winner of the National 10-Minute Play Festival at the Kennedy Center in 2015.
- Sharai Bohannon’s Turndown Service, a modern farce about friendship, romantic relationships, and how we let fear and insecurity turn us into less pleasant versions of ourselves.