Dallas' Gexa Pavilion has new celebrity grub on the concourse with the opening of a burger stand by Food Network star and restaurateur Guy Fieri.
Called Guy's Burger Joint, it's a standalone venue serving burgers and seasoned fries. According to the Dallas Morning News, it debuted in at the Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes show, which opened concert season at Gexa. It will be open only during concerts.
Gexa is one of a dozen amphitheaters across the country to get the concept as part of a deal forged in 2015 between Live Nation and Legends Hospitality, the food service provider for ballparks such as Yankee Stadium and AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
According to a release, the Live Nation-Legends partnership will bump up the quality at the food concessions, including humanely raised meats and dairy. There's also a new eco-friendly policy with biodegradable plates, cups, utensils and napkins.
Menu items at the new Guy's Burger Joint are as follows:
- Real Deal Burger: 80/20 ground beef, L.T.O.P. and a liberal slathering of donkey sauce
- Real Cheezy Burger: Real Deal Burger with L.T.O.P, a liberal slathering of donkey sauce and S.M.C.
- Righteous Ring Burger: Real Deal Burger with S.M.C., Guy's spicy Sriracha BBQ sauce and a righteous rojo onion ring
- Johnny Garlic Fries: Fresh minced garlic, chopped parsley and Parmesan
- Buffalo Blue Sabi Fries: Served with spicy buffalo hot sauce and Guy's blue-sabi (blue cheese and wasabi) dipping sauce
- Seasoned Fries: Lightly seasoned with Guy's signature fry seasoning
And here is the decoder for Fieri's colorful descriptions:
- L.T.O.P = Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle
- S.M.C = Super melty cheese
- Rojo ring = Spicy fried onion ring
- Donkey sauce = Signature mayo sauce
Fieri first debuted Guy's Burger Joint on the Carnival Cruise Liberty line in 2011; it has since been added to a number of the company's cruise ships, where it has earned positive reviews.
Other new offerings at Gexa Pavilion from the Legends team include chicken sausage, "artisan" pepperoni pizza, a vegetarian black bean burger and dessert nachos.