There's a tentative opening date for 77 Degrees, the multi-level rooftop bar specializing in island-style drinks and snacks that's coming to Dallas' Henderson Avenue. Are you ready? It's August.
It will open at 2107 N. Henderson Ave., in the former Eberhard space, which closed in 2018.
A release says that 77 Degrees is designed to evoke rum-soaked evenings in the Caribbean or tequila-fueled nights at a coastal resort in Mexico.
This will be the third Texas location of this Austin-based concept, which is named for the what is considered the ideal temperature for cocktails, with the other two locations being Austin and Houston. At 13,000 square feet, it will be the largest.
77 Degrees was created by Union Venture Group, a food and beverage company created in 2002 by brothers Jeff and Daren Van Delden, who've opened multiple bars and restaurants in Austin and Houston, such as The Rose Room, St. Genevieve, and Park on Lamar.
Eric Dunahoe, a third partner, joined in 2013. He'll oversee all Dallas expansion.
The Dallas 77 Degrees will have a rooftop bar with four decks, with swings, breezy cabanas, and cantilevered decks.
The menu of drinks stays tight at eight specialty cocktails, each priced at $12, which by current cocktail standards is reasonable. Cocktails include:
- Namaste with Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Cointreau, green tea, and mint
- Norman’s Cay with Bacardi coconut rum, Bacardi Mango Rum, Bacardi Pineapple Fusion, coconut water, and lime
- Loca Chica served in Topo Chico bottles with Patron Silver, pineapple, and lime
- Chingon! with Illegal Joven Mezcal Tequila, Cazadores Reposado Tequila, lime, agave, jalapeño, and ginger
Food consists of a tapas-style menu of tacos, pineapple bowls, dips, and light bites. Dish highlights include:
- Pulled Pork Pastor Tacos served with chipotle adobo, grilled pineapple, and fresh cilantro
- El Loco pineapple bowl prepared with seasonal fresh fruit, tahin, chamoy, Flaming Hot Cheetos, and assorted candies
- Gulf Coast Ceviche made with red snapper, ahi chombo, mango, and fresh lime, served with plantain chips
- Guacamole 77 made with mango, pomegranate seeds, and tahin, and served with both plantain chips and blue corn tortilla chips.
Later in 2019, the rooftop bar will be joined by its sibling concept, Jack & Ginger's, an Irish pub that will sit below 77 Degrees.
Jack & Ginger's will feature an outside patio created in the open-air style of a traditional biergarten.
The interior features communal tables, TVs with a focus on soccer matches, cocktails with an Irish theme, and a wall of beers on tap.
The food menu combines prototypical pub fare with comfort food cuisine.