A Dallas reality TV star has enlisted her Survivor pals to help with a new fundraiser. Missy Payne, star of Survivor San Juan del Sur (season 29), will host the inaugural “It’s a Jungle Out There” on August 29 at Lofty Spaces, to benefit the nonprofit Cheer 4 Life.
For the $150 price of admission, attendees can rub elbows with the following former Survivor contestants:
- Natalie Anderson (Survivor San Juan del Sur, season 29 winner)
- Nadiya Anderson (Survivor San Juan del Sur, season 29)
- Max Dawson (Survivor Worlds Apart, season 30)
- Tyler Fredrickson (Survivor Worlds Apart, season 30)
- Mike Holloway (Survivor Worlds Apart, season 30 winner)
- April Lewis (Big Brother, season 6)
- Julie McGee (Survivor San Juan del Sur, season 29)
- Keith Nale (Survivor San Juan del Sur, season 29)
- Shirin Oskool (Survivor Worlds Apart, season 30)
- Kelly Reminton (Survivor Worlds Apart, season 30)
- Carolyn “Mama C” Rivera (Survivor Worlds Apart, season 30)
- Renae Virata (Ready For Love, season 7)
During the event, the above Survivor celebs compete in challenges similar to those seen on the show. Spectators can place bets or buy a chance to compete alongside them.
In addition to dinner and Survivor-like antics, guests can expect live entertainment from Baylor Wilson, a rising Nashville star (and Payne’s daughter and fellow Survivor season 29 contestant), as well as performances by teens from area performing arts high schools, competitive club cheerleading and dance programs, and acrobatic troupes. From that you may have gleaned that this is a family-friendly event, although attendees must be at least 14.
No fundraiser is complete without a live auction, and among the items up for grabs that evening are tickets to attend the season 31 live finale, where the Survivor winner will be named.
Because it’s August in Texas, and some of this takes place outdoors, attire is “jungle chic,” which does not mean leopard-print stilettos, ladies. Organizers recommend dressy shorts, fancy camo tops, and sandals or sneakers. “Anything that screams ‘jungle’ will help you to look the part,” reads a release.
Beneficiary Cheer 4 Your Life provides opportunities for youth to participate in a variety of athletic, performance and service-based programs by offering financial assistance to those in need. The nonprofit believes that being a part of programs of this nature are hugely rewarding and will empower, inspire and motivate youth by giving them a chance to defy their own limits.