This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas Stylemakers and savvy shopping top this week’s 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. 10 new Dallas bars to catch up on the nightlife. Either Dallas is a drinky kind of town or else times are prosperous — because we’re experiencing an almost unprecedented explosion of new bars. In the past couple months alone, we've seen new bars downtown, new bars Uptown, new bars everywhere in between.
2. Cast your vote now for the next CultureMap Stylemaker. We are down to the final six in the 2015 CultureMap Stylemaker Awards. These fashionable and fabulous men and women were your favorites among our semifinalists, and now we need your help to determine the readers’ choice winner.
3. The 9 best vintage and resale shops in Dallas to secure stylish steals. In the city of a thousand cocktail parties, where local women are legendary for how they dress, it’s no wonder that Dallas’ vintage and resale shops take their trade very seriously. In addition to saving clients a few precious dollars on what they wear, these stores ensure their stylish stock gets another chance at life.
4. Dallas’ newest neighborhood home tour appeals to the modern enthusiast. There’s a new home tour in town on October 3, and it’s all about celebrating modern architecture within one square mile. Modern Mile Dallas features six homes in its inaugural year, ranging from significant midcentury modern architecture to 21st century modern design.
5. Dallas Symphony Orchestra gala 2015 astonishes from start to finish. The city’s most passionate symphony enthusiasts dressed in their finest and descended on the Meyerson Symphony Center on September 26 for the 2015 Dallas Symphony Orchestra AT&T Gala. The annual fall tradition is music to every socialite’s ears.