This Week in Gluttony
This Week in Gluttony is dominated by New Year’s Day brunches, because many Dallas restaurants are providing the cure for whatever ails you from partying the night before. In addition, we have rounded up a few other food events so you can start off 2015 right.
Thursday, January 1
The following restaurants are serving their weekend brunch menus on New Year’s Day:
- AF+B (11 am-4 pm)
- Boxwood Tap + Grill (10 am-3 pm, including Bloody Mary and mimosa specials)
- Bread Winners Uptown, Inwood Village and Plano (7 am-3 pm)
- Bread Winners NorthPark Center (8 am- 6 pm)
- Capitol Pub (11 am-3 pm)
- Clark Food & Wine Co. (11 am-3 pm, including free black-eyed peas and greens)
- Del Frisco’s Grille Dallas, Fort Worth (11 am-3 pm)
- Fearing’s (11:30 am-3 pm)
- Garden Cafe (starts at 10 am)
- Lark on the Park (11 am-3 pm, including TBD chef’s specials)
- Meddlesome Moth (9-am-3 pm)
- Social House Uptown and Addison (11 am-3 pm)
- The Gin Mill (11 am-3 pm)
Saturday, January 3
New Belgium Brewing Tasting at Fresh Market
From noon-2 pm at the brand-new Fresh Market on Gaston Avenue, sample beer by New Belgium Brewing. The event is free but limited to 30 people. Reserve your spot online.
Sunday, January 4
Artisan Bread Basics at Sur la Table
If baking more is on your list of new year’s resolutions, then reserve a spot in this cooking class from 10 am-noon. Learn how to prepare a variety of artisan favorites using time-tested — and timesaving — techniques guaranteed to produce beautiful bread every time. Recipes include whole wheat country bread with olives and rosemary, no-knead crusty white bread, and shaved garlic and rosemary focaccia. Cost is $69 per person.
Third Annual Hypnotic Donut Polar Plunge at Fraternal Order of Eagles #3108
Hypnotic Donuts presents the third annual Hypnotic Donut Polar Plunge at the pool of the Dallas Fraternal Order of Eagles #3108. Emergency Ice is even donating some ice in case we have a spring-day-in-January-type situation. Spectators and donations are welcome, and all proceeds go to the greater Dallas chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. The jump is happening at 4 pm and costs $10. Buy tickets online.