In theory, the holidays are a time of good cheer. But all of the shopping, decorating and party-hopping of the season can take a toll physically and mentally.
Don't fret, friends. Sequester yourself at one of these Dallas spas, which are offering a slew of holiday treatments to put you back in good spirits.
A trio of holiday-inspired treatments at this Uptown oasis can take you from frazzled to stress-free in a flash.
- Heavenly Holiday Meltdown ($160) starts with a sweet cream scrub. Followed by a chocolate softening mask and Swedish-style massage, this is one meltdown you'll be happy have.
- Red Hot Muscle Melt ($110) uses sparkling cinnamon body oil to help soothe aching muscles in this 50-minute Swedish-style massage treatment.
- Cinnamon Splendor Scrub and Rub ($150) starts with an invigorating sea salt scrub with notes of clove, honey and spice. A massage, with red hot cinnamon body oil, helps seal in the softness.
Hiatus Spa + Retreat
Hiatus is offering an assortment of relaxing packages for the holidays, available through December 31:
- Hiatus Trio ($289) includes a Hiatus massage, customized facial and mani-pedi.
- All Decked Out ($229) is a party-prep package featuring the Best Facial Ever and the Mani-Pedi Retreat.
- Holiday Helper ($189) includes a stress-fix massage, sole reflexology and Aveda take-away stress package.
- Mistletoe Glow ($209) is a Glow Massage paired with a Brighten Up Facial.
The Ritz-Carlton Spa
For the months of December and January, the Ritz is offering Winter Embrace ($150), which includes a 25-minute massage, 25-minute facial and 25-minute pedicure.
The spa at the Hilton Anatole has outdone itself with holiday treats. There are many treatments from which to choose, but we picked a few highlights:
- Head to Mistle-toes ($343, includes gratuity) features a 50-minute hot stone massage, 50-minute classic facial, and 50-minute V-Spa mani-pedi.
- Polar Express ($154, includes gratuity) features three 25-minute treatments — manicure, pedicure, facial — to get you pampered on the fly.
- Gingerbread Man-icure ($55) is for the man unafraid of his feminine side. It starts with a steaming butter brulee whole milk hydration wrap, followed by a brown sugar polish and massage with warmed, spicy caramel body milk.
This holiday, celebrity skincare guru Renee Rouleau is all about the berries. Try the limited-edition Merry Berry Triple Berry Smoothing Peel ($39), available in a 1 oz. container. A tried-and-true favorite is the Cranberry Brasion Facial ($195) that uses a cranberry enzyme peel, ultrasonic exfoliation and micro crystals to smooth skin, clear pores and fade discoloration.
Get holiday ready with an Exhale True Facial ($150), with its signature cranberry crush mask packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. If you want to literally peel the stress away, try the fully customizable Smart Peel ($200) in Mocha Loca for firming and reduction of redness and puffiness, Youth Accelerator with nutrient-rich pumpkin wine enzyme peel, or the Cocktail with a vermouth twist peel designed for problem skin and congestion.