This Week's Hot Headlines
Must-buy real estate tops this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Acclaimed Dallas school district ranks among 10 best in America. A new report puts Highland Park students at the top of the class. Niche.com's 2016 list of the best school districts in America ranks the Dallas-area district No. 6 in the United States.
2. The price isn't even the best part of this handsome Richardson home. The quaint home at 527 Westwood Dr. in Richardson's Heights Park neighborhood may look like your typical traditional. But a look inside reveals a real treat.
3. Walmart store pulls out of hipster Dallas neighborhood. Walmart has pulled the plug on its neighborhood store on Greenville Avenue, which will close on January 28. But the closure is part of a bigger move by the corporation, which is shutting down 269 stores including 154 in the United States. Of those, 29 will be in Texas.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 in-demand new restaurants. January usually is a quiet month for restaurant openings. But Dallas-Fort worth is booming these days, and we're having a banner month on the food front. If your idea of good times is to scramble to get into the places that everyone else is going, then this is your list.
5. Swanky Dallas neighborhood crowned one of the trendiest in the world. Forty million people can't be wrong. That's how many travelers Airbnb estimates used its service in 2015, and the hospitality company has taken their feedback to make a list of the world's 16 trendiest neighborhoods to visit. And guess what's on it? Oak Lawn.