This Week's Hot Headlines
Delicious Dallas restaurant imports top this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Famous TV bakery surprises Dallas’ Preston Center with designer cakes. New Jersey-born bakery that's a favorite of TV food channels is expanding to Dallas. Carlo's Bakery, featured on Cake Boss and known for pastries, desserts, and designer cakes, will open a branch in Preston Center.
2. What the new Dallas Shake Shack will look like: Popular burger chain reveals sneak peek. With both Houston and Dallas quivering in anticipation at the arrival of Shake Shack, the company offered a sneak peek at what the new restaurants will look like.
3. This extensive reno is just a stone's throw from Dallas' Highland Park. This charming renovation project at 3615 S. Versailles Ave. is on the market for only $499,000, a fact that astonishes considering the company it keeps in the neighborhood.
4. Cattle Baron’s snares country music Hall of Famer for 2016 Dallas ball. January 14 was an exciting night for the Dallas charitable set as chairwomen Cara French and Andrea Weber welcomed them to the entertainment reveal party for the 2016 Cattle Baron’s Ball themed “Texas Proud.” And proud they were to proclaim that Toby Keith has signed on as this year's headlining performer.
5. Here's how much money you need to make to live comfortably in Dallas. At least we don't live in San Francisco. That's the biggest takeaway from a recent report from finance website Finder, which looked at 78 U.S. cities to determine what income level is required to live comfortably in that area. Dallas and Houston, not surprisingly, fared well thanks to low housing costs.