Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Real estate experts say these are Dallas' top neighborhoods right now. It's the season to predict the hottest neighborhoods in town, and the heat is rising in Arapaho Heights. The Richardson community ranks as Dallas' hottest neighborhood for 2017, according to Redfin's annual predictions.
2. Upscale market Eatzi's enters shopping fray with new Dallas location. Upscale Eatzi’s Market & Bakery, the European-style market, is opening a new store in the most shopping-est neighborhood of all: at Preston Royal Village Shopping Center. The store will open directly across the street from Central Market, with a Whole Foods Market down the street at Preston Road and Forest Lane. Trader Joe's, where are you?
3. Vintage honky-tonk heads west of Dallas with unique steakhouse twist. A longtime honky-tonk in the east is taking a big step west. Southern Junction Nightclub and Steakhouse, a steakhouse and country nightclub in Royse City, is opening a second branch in the centrally located city of Irving.
4. Dallas steakhouse owner and philanthropist Bill Lenox has died. William "Bill" W. Lenox, known for his entrepreneurial success, generous spirit, and engaging character, passed away on January 20 following a heart attack at his home in Vail, Colorado. He was 70.
5. 5 best Dallas resale shops for furniture finds and decor treasures. Your closet isn't the only area that deserves to be spruced up each season. If the rest of your home needs some love but you already blew your budget on a new wardrobe, there's still a way to feather your nest with fabulous finds for less.