Links we love right now
Robot uprising nears and vandals destroy Girl Scout Cookies and little girls' dreams
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Robot throws cinder blocks because Terminator is real. Boston Dynamics is conducting robot research for the U.S. Army. And it's just a wee bit concerning.
2. Seven sentences that sound crazy but are still grammatical. If you are one of those people who loves to point out egregious errors in the spoken and written word, then take heed of this post, lest you erroneously correct someone for employing the sentence Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo.
3. Online baby-name contest revealed as hoax. Remember when a woman claimed she'd won $5,000 for agreeing to the let the Internet name her baby? The story made the rounds on media outlets across the country before "winner" Natasha Lloyd was outed as an actress with no fruit in her womb. It's the happy ending no one saw coming.
4. Vandals destroy $2,500 worth of Girl Scout Cookies, teach little girls not to be all high and mighty. Unfortunately, this is not a hoax.
5. Fantastic photo captures the moment a UFC fighter breaks his jaw. Mark Hunt landed a solid left hook on Stefan Struve's jaw, knocking out a tooth and breaking his jaw in one fell swoop. Joshua Hedges of Getty Images caught the blood-flying action on camera.
6. A 400-pound sculpture of an armless nude woman confuses scholars. "Ginger is a total surprise," archeologist Cece Saunders told the New York Times. using a nickname for the mysterious stone maiden that was unearthed in Brooklyn last summer.