Links We Love
World's cutest field rusher, pullovers for penguins and more links we love
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Australian plea to knitters to make pullovers to aid oil-smeared penguins. In what is probably the cutest conservation campaign ever, the Penguin Foundation in Australia has asked knitters around the world to make pullovers to help keep oil-smeared penguins from trying to wipe off the oil with their beaks. Cue the corresponding Tumblr account, please.
2. Fighter pilot snaps extreme selfie action shot. Sure, Ellen DeGeneres can claim the most popular selfie of all time, but this Danish fighter pilot deserves serious street cred for snapping a selfie as he fired an air-to-air missile. The epic selfie game has officially begun.
3. Time unveils 360 degree view from atop the new World Trade Center. If you can't make it to New York to see the new World Trade Center in person, Time magazine has the next best thing.
4. Kid runs onto pro soccer field and gets treated to adorable photo session. Let this be a lesson to children everywhere: You can get away with a lot when you are young. A 7-year-old rushed the field after Brazil played South Africa. Instead of being escorted off the field by security like anyone 10 years older would be, Brazilian superstar Neymar greets the kid like a hero.
5. How to pick a lock with only hairpins. We've all seen MacGyver and James Bond do it on camera, but picking a lock can prove tricky for those not on a TV or movie set. Using a see-through lock, this video tutorial from Night Hawk In Light shows how it's done.