This Week's Hot Headlines
Humble new East Dallas pie shop sweetens this week's hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Humble pie shop treats East Dallas to hot coffee and perfect flaky crust. The Garland Road corridor east of White Rock Lake gets a little more foodie-esque with the arrival of Humble Pies, a new pie shop opening in late March.
2. 6 spring break hot spots to hit in post-Harvey Port Aransas. It’s been six months since Hurricane Harvey ravaged the Texas coast, and as spring break quickly approaches, one of Texas’ most popular beach town destinations — and one of the hardest hit by the category 4 storm — is fervently prepping for its post-Harvey close-up.
3. Uptown Dallas food hall unveils late-night hours and fun michelada bar. One of Dallas' original food halls has undergone a reboot with a new name, new managers, hours, vendors, and a totally new focus. The venue formerly known as Uptown Urban Market is now called The Commons at Cedar Springs, and celebrated its grand opening on March 3 with an amusingly dubbed event called Brunch the Pain Away.
4. Gwyneth Paltrow goops Dallas with good things, including margaritas. The wellness-centric brand that shines brighter than all the rest in luxury lifestyle is returning to Dallas for another unique pop-up shop. Goop, founded by Gwyneth Paltrow, is headed back to Highland Park Village in April with some new and exciting surprises.
5. Colorful saris brighten Dallas nonprofit's Bollywood-themed bash. Resource Center Dallas had a milestone moment on March 3, when it celebrated the 20th year of its Toast to Life event, presented by Purple Foundation. As per usual, the vital nonprofit committed fully to a theme — this year, it was Bollywood — because they understand there is no fundraising without the fun.