Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. 16 best new restaurants in Dallas vie for Tastemaker title — vote now. The 2019 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, our annual event honoring the best in local food and drink, puts the spotlight on the best bars, best neighborhood restaurants, and rising star chefs. For Best New Restaurant, you get to decide via our Tastemaker tournament, a bracket-style competition where 16 new restaurants go head to head. To vote, click here.
2. Dallas-Fort Worth Airport travelers land a new nonstop flight option to Paris. Just in time for spring jaunts to the Eiffel Tower, Air France has launched new nonstop flights between Dallas Fort Worth International Airport and Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
3. Downtown Arlington's 'crown jewel' designated one of Texas' great places. On your next day trip west, you might want to add a stop for a show at the Levitt Pavilion, an outdoor venue in the heart of downtown Arlington recently named one of Texas' "Great Public Spaces" by the Texas chapter of the American Planning Association.
4. Magical Dallas gala transports guests to exotic land of Arabian Nights. About 500 guests took a magic carpet ride to an exotic land to support Equest's vital mission of hope and healing at the organization's 2019 Arabian Nights-themed gala.
5. Whataburger issues limited-edition shake in quintessential Texas flavor. Fast-food products don't usually merit their own stories, not even when it's Texas' beloved Whataburger. But their new shake flavor is an exception to the rule. Whataburger has paired with another Texas icon and issued a Dr Pepper milkshake.