Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Kimbal Musk and Wyly heiress celebrate wedding at Dallas restaurant. Diners trying to grab a bite at Dallas restaurant Cedars Social on April 7 were out of luck, as the newly reimagined Mexican restaurant in the Southside neighborhood was shut down all day for a reception celebrating a high-profile wedding. The bride: Christiana Wyly, daughter of Texas billionaire Sam Wyly. The groom was Kimbal Musk, brother of Tesla founder Elon Musk.
2. These 4 popular Dallas neighborhoods rank among America's best. Where are the best places to live in Dallas? Real estate review site Niche has revealed the Best Neighborhoods to Live in America, and four popular Dallas 'hoods appear in the top 50, including one in the top 10.
3. Downtown Dallas bar-eatery spins off spiffy twin on Henderson Avenue. If you are obsessive about hitting the very newest bars in Dallas first, you're in luck: Smithy is a new restaurant-bar on Henderson Avenue that opened for dinner service on April 10, from the team behind downtown Dallas bar-restaurant The Woolworth.
4. Everything’s coming up roses for this budding Dallas young professionals gala. In 2016, two devoted children vowed to honor their mother’s legacy by resurrecting the powerhouse gala she founded to help raise money for multiple sclerosis research. Today, Fallon Wynne Way and her brother, Todd Wynne, are making momma Dee Wynne proud with a new Yellow Rose Gala that not only continues the fight to find a cure for MS, but also inspires the next generation of Dallas philanthropists.
5. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 9 must-hit stores for April. We have a well rounded (or shall we say well heeled) group of stores in which to shop this month. Whether you are are in the market for a new pair of shoes, a quick and easy way to spruce up your home for spring, or inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle, this roundup is for you.