This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Lizard Lounge to spawn little lizard in Deep Ellum. A smaller sibling of the Lizard Lounge, Dallas' temple of electronic dance music, is going into one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city: Deep Ellum. Owner Don Nedler has secured the space at 2911 Main St., which will serve as a showplace for up-and-coming performers and DJs.
2. The Fault in Our Stars preview tour brings Shailene Woodley to Dallas. The Fault in Our Stars is one of summer's most anticipated movies, and Dallas was one of four cities chosen for the Demand Our Stars Tour, a special sneak preview of the film on May 9. The free event brought stars Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff to town, along with author John Green.
3. Con artists swindle more than $10,000 from NorthPark Center shopper. A Hispanic couple scammed a woman out of more than $10,000 at NorthPark Center recently. Virginia Rodriguez, 65, told police that a couple approached her on April 24 about sharing in an $11 million lottery win.
4. Las Vegas' Monta Ramen plots first Texas noodle shop in popular Dallas suburb. Dallas' emerging ramen scene is about to welcome a big-deal newcomer. Monta Ramen, from Las Vegas restaurateur Takashi Segawa, is opening in Richardson, on Coit Road just south of Arapaho.
5. The best restaurants in Dallas to treat Mom on Mother's Day 2014. Although your finally being out of the house is probably the best present you have ever given your mom, she still needs to eat. So get those reservations in order and toast her fabulousness at one of these Dallas restaurants.