As concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus and government restrictions on group gatherings continue, more event cancellations and postponements are being announced every day in Dallas-Fort Worth. In an effort to keep you as up-to-date as possible, we'll compile a list of different announcements every week.
Note: Given the pace at which things are happening during these times, cancellations are coming at a rapid clip. To be sure you're up to speed, you may want to check with the presenting organization or venue regarding the status of any particular event.
- Andrew Bird: This concert, originally scheduled for April 30 at Annette Strauss Square, has been rescheduled for April 27, 2021.
- Christopher Cross: This concert, originally scheduled for April 3 at Majestic Theatre, has been rescheduled for April 7, 2021.
- The Dallas Opera: The arts organization has postponed its 2020-2021 Season, which was to have opened on October 9 with The Marriage of Figaro, to March 5, 2021, with the world premiere of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. As part of the postponement, The Marriage of Figaro (originally October 9-25) has been rescheduled for April 9-17, 2021; Lohengrin (originally October 30-November 7) will be replaced by Don Carlo (running March 27-April 3); and Orfeo ed Euridice (scheduled April 9-17, 2021) has been canceled. The season will now have four productions instead of five.
- Dallas Pizza Fest: The festival celebrating everyone's favorite food, scheduled for June 14 at Deep Ellum Art Company, has been rescheduled for August 2.
- David Crosby & the Sky Trails Band: This concert, originally scheduled for May 26 at Granada Theater, has been rescheduled for May 26, 2021.
- Indique Dance Company presents Satyam | Bias: This dance performance, part of AT&T Performing Arts Center's Elevator Project and scheduled for June 25-27, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Janet Jackson: This concert, scheduled for August 3 at American Airlines Center, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Theatre Three: The theater company's production of The Immigrant, scheduled for June 4-28, has been changed into a virtual theater experience, available to stream on different dates between June 15-28.
- The Weeknd: This concert, scheduled for July 25 at American Airlines Center, has been rescheduled for July 23, 2021.
- Amphibian Stage Productions: The theater company has postponed its production of Marie Antoinette, scheduled July 10-August 2, to undetermined dates.
- Ballet Concerto: The dance troupe's summer dance concert, scheduled for June 25-27 at The Shops at Clearfork, has been canceled.
- Billy Bob's Texas: The concert venue has rescheduled Shane Smith & The Saints (scheduled for June 5, now October 17) and Robert Earl Keen (scheduled for June 20, now July 18).
- Broadway at the Bass: The series has canceled a number of productions, including Come From Away (July 7-12), The Vagina Monologues (September 1-2), My Fair Lady (October 6-11), Chicago (October 13-14), Waitress (November 7-8), and Cats (June 15-20, 2021). They are hoping to bring back Come From Away and Cats in a future season.
- Hip Pocket Theatre: The theater company has rescheduled its production of The Curmudgeon Boogie, scheduled July 10-August 2, to August 7-30. This change has forced the postponement of I Go Pogo, scheduled August 14-30, until the 2021 season.
- The Weeknd: This concert, scheduled for August 20 at Dickies Arena, has been rescheduled for August 19, 2021.
- Main Street Fest: The annual festival, originally scheduled for May 15-17 and then rescheduled for June 26-28, has been fully canceled. It will return in 2021.
- Deftones: This concert, scheduled for September 3 at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory, has been postponed to an undetermined date.