Links We Love
Pop star nun wins recording contract and more links we love right now
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Singing nun wins The Voice Italy. You may recall Sister Cristina's jaw-dropping audition on the reality singing show. Turns out, she's no one-hit wonder. The rocking nun won the competition and is now a signed artist with Universal.
2. Dad uses his giggling toddler as the cutest drum kit ever. As a professional musician, Brad Kuehner has access to some of the finest equipment on the market. But nothing beats the giggly acoustics of drumming on his son's back.
3. There's a new Disney movie starring 50 Cent. Okay, so it's actually just a skit on Jimmy Kimmel Live with a high production value. But you didn't really think 50 Cent had gone soft, did you?
4. A definitive ranking of Tom Cruise's running in every film. Hollywood fixture Tom Cruise is nothing if not consistent. In addition to always being cocksure, Cruise is certain to take off running at some point in the action. As Uproxx points out, though, not all runs are created equal.
5. D-Day revisited: how landscapes scarred by war in 1944 look today. June 6 marked the 70th anniversary of D-Day. The Telegraph has a fantastic photo gallery comparing memorable war photos with their modern day counterparts.