State Fair Music
The State Fair of Texas has announced the lineup for its 2015 free concert series on the Chevrolet Main Stage, and among the 15 performers are pop legends the Beach Boys and rising country star Kelsea Ballerini.
This will be the second local appearance for the Beach Boys this year; they played at Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie in March. The band — which now tours without Brian Wilson — plays on Sunday, October 11, putting a capper on Texas-Oklahoma weekend at the fair.
The 21-year-old Ballerini, who plays on October 4, has made a quick impact on the country music world: Her debut album made the top 10 in country albums, and her initial single, "Love Me Like You Mean It," cracked the top 10 for country songs.
Other significant acts hitting the stage during the State Fair include gospel rapper Lecrae, Texas country singer-songwriter Kevin Fowler and Grammy-nominated Christian band MercyMe.
Here's the complete schedule of concerts:
- Friday, September 25: Craig Wayne Boyd (8:30 pm)
- Saturday, September 26: TBA
- Sunday, September 27: Pesado (5:30 pm)
- Friday, October 2: 34th annual Country Showdown (8:30 pm)
- Saturday, October 3: Lecrae (8:30 pm)
- Sunday, October 4: Cam (3 pm) / Kelsea Ballerini (5:30 pm)
- Friday, October 9: Prophets and Outlaws (5:30 pm and 8:30 pm)
- Saturday, October 10: Kevin Fowler (8:30 pm)
- Sunday, October 11: The Beach Boys (5:30 pm)
- Monday, October 12: Francesco Yates (5:30 pm)
- Friday, October 16: Trio Grande (5:30 pm and 8:30 pm)
- Saturday, October 17: MercyMe (8:30 pm)
- Sunday, October 18: Jay Perez (1 pm) / Emilio (3 pm)