Ordinarily, we'd be anticipating all the discounts we could get in our annual trips to the State Fair of Texas this time of year. But with the biggest event on the Dallas calendar canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, we'll have to look elsewhere to soothe our bargain-hunting souls.
For the next several weeks, we'll be unearthing some of the best deals around Dallas-Fort Worth to ease the strain on our readers' bank accounts. Below are the top nine deals to check out this week.
- Avanti: The Italian restaurant is offering the new Wines of Prestige Series to promote the finest wines in their collection every month. For August, diners can get "Il Borro" Super Tuscan, Toscana IGT, 2016, for $75 instead of $98, or Champagne Brut Blanc De Blancs, 1er Cru, "Cuvée Cuis," for $77 instead of $115. The offer is good for either dine-in or to-go.
- Cotton Patch Cafe: The casual dining restaurant, which has 15 area locations, is offering 20 buttermilk hand-battered chicken tenders for $20 on Tuesdays, served with Cotton Patch’s scratch-made cream gravy or choice of any dipping sauce. Guests can add any Family Size Fixin’ for an additional $3. The deal is good for either dine-in or curbside to-go. The offer is not available for delivery through third party vendors.
- Cowboy Chicken: The restaurant chain, which has nine area locations, is offering $5 off the Chicken for 4 family meal every Wednesday.
- DoorDash: Subscribers for the food delivery service's DashPass will get exclusive deals through September 6, from local to national restaurant and convenience freebies, pickup deals, and more. From August 3 to August 9, they can get a free slice of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory on an order of $12 or more. From August 10 to August 16, they can get buy one, get one free entrees from Chipotle. From August 17 to August 23, they can get $20 off their next pickup order. From August 24 to August 30, they can get $15 off their convenience order from stores including Walgreens and 7-Eleven. And from August 31 to September 6, they can get up to $15 off on pizza orders from participating restaurants found in the “DashPass Pizza Favorites” carousel.
- Live by Loews - Arlington: The hotel, located next to Globe Life Field, is enticing travelers to stay there with the More Space for Less offer, which takes 50 percent off a second room when booking two or more rooms.
- On the Border: The Mexican food chain, which has 26 area locations, is offering an elevated Happy Hour menu for dine-in only from 3-6 pm, Monday-Friday. They include $5 appetizers like the new Queso Sampler, Cheese Quesadilla, Five Mini Crispy Tacos, Four Firecracker Stuffed Jalapeños, Three Mini Chimis, and Cantina Nachos. There will also be $3 drinks like select grande domestic drafts, Dos Equis draft, Corona and Dos Equis bottles or regular House Margarita. For an additional $1, diners can upgrade to a grande Dos Equis draft or a grande House Margarita. For $5, they can try a grande Strawberrita or grande Mango Tango.
- Red Roof Inn: As students begin to return to college campuses, limited dorm space or a reluctance to stay in crowded dorm environments is causing some to seek temporary housing. Red Roof Inn is offering a special 30 percent off discount through December 31 to support those students. Call 800-733-7663 or visit redroof.com and use code VP627535 when making a reservation.
- Thirsty Lion: The gastropub and grill at Toyota Music Factory in Irving is offering a late night happy hour from 8:30-11:30 pm. There will be food and drink discounts, like $5.95 house wine, well drinks, and margaritas, $1 off draft pints, and food items under $7.95.
- Vonlane: The luxury bus line, which has various routes between Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio, is offering 15 percent off for travel through September 30. Use code Summer2020 to get the discount.