This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas' Japanese dollar store mania tops 5 most popular stories this week
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Japanese dollar store seduces North Texans with 70,000 adorable things. Japan's biggest and most popular dollar store chain has debuted in North Texas, with a store that opened in Carrollton on July 31. Called Daiso Japan, it's a more exotic version of a dollar store, with a lowest price of $1.50.
2. Ground-breaking restaurants beef up action at Daiso Japan Carrollton complex. The same Carrollton Town Center that recently saw the debut of the Daiso Japan dollar store will also welcome a trio of ground-breaking restaurants, two of which are brand new to the Dallas area.
3. New Uptown Dallas lounge Citizen pops the bubbly and bottle service. A new lounge opening next door to Common Table will give this block of Uptown Dallas one thing it does not have: bottle service and cava flowing. Called Citizen, it's a cocktail bar-restaurant from an entrepreneurial trio whose portfolio has included fashion, nightclubs and craft-beer bars.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 restaurants to dim the August heat. It's said that heat curbs the appetite. There's even a scientific study. To stay cooler, the common advice is to choose food that's light and hydrating. To that end, our Where to Eat for August consists of places where you can grab just a bite. A light snack. Something hydrating. Something cooling.
5. A familiar steakhouse will return to Dallas in new Uptown luxury residence. A steakhouse that was once on Cedar Springs will return, but this time in the center of Uptown Dallas. Ruth's Chris Steak House will open at 1900 Cedar Springs Rd. in Uptown, on the ground floor of The Miro, a 14-story luxury residential complex.